GO Church’s Statement of Faith
As agreed upon by Apostolic Church Australia
- The one true and living God who eternally exists as three persons in unity: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The divine inspiration and authority of the Holy Bible.
- The original perfection of creation; the inherent corruptness of humanity through the fall; the necessity of repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Christ alone; and the eternal separation from God of the finally unrepentant.
- The virgin birth, sinless life atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and continuing intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ, his second coming, and eternal kingdom reign.
- The justification and sanctification of believers through the finished work of Christ; their security as they remain in him and their future resurrection in an incorruptible body.
- The sacrament of baptism by immersion, and of the Lord's Supper.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers, accompanied by supernatural signs, to empower the Church to fulfil the great commission.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church and for ministry to the world.
- Christ's leadership of the Church through the ascension ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, for the unity, maturity and growth of the Church.
- The privilege and responsibility of wise stewardship of all that God has given, including the practice of giving financially to the local church.
- We believe that the covenant of marriage is the union of a man and a woman who have voluntarily entered a loving, committed and exclusive relationship for as long as they both live.